Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Q’s Costume Party

    March 6, 2020, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ 🌙 24 °C

    The evening dress theme for the second sea day was Q’s Costume Party - “only your best and most impressive costume” and it did not disappoint. Before the show we had gotten into our outfits so we could head straight to the party: Alex wore her Sally dress, Dan wore his operations uniform again and Kimberly wore a Star Fleet Academy, Red Squadron sweater. As cool as those are they were lacklustre compared to many of the efforts on show.

    Walking along the promenade we encountered an amazing Borg and Quora from Tron Legacy/Uprising. Suddenly the ship was populated with Andorians and Cardassians; a Klingon and a Telarite sat at the bar in Qagh plah, the ‘Klingon’ pub on the promenade.
    When we reached the main dinning room, the hub of the party, we found a Cylon Centurion from Battlestar Galactica, the mutated form of Geordi La Forge from ‘Identity Crisis’, a whole gaggle of yeoman Janice Rands and a drag Deanna Troi.

    We went to the mid level of the dining room to people watch the dancing crowd. Up there, we ran into (as far as we know) the only other Welsh passenger (a gentleman from Bridgend (Pen Y Bont) who by a massive coincidence was wearing basically the same uniform as Dan (except he had made himself a Commander, whilst Dan was wearing Lt. Commander’s bars). We drifted off to Q Bar, where karaoke was in progress; Kimberly finished out the night by dueting “Can’t Fight this feeling” with another passenger.
    Read more