Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    The Northern Caribbean

    March 7, 2020, North Atlantic Ocean ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    A little before 09:00 Dan headed up on deck for a run, the Bahamas could be seen just peaking over the horizon and a brisk cross wind swept the unsheltered areas. Dan ran about 3Km worth of laps and then returned to the cabin with coffee where we planed to watch the 10:00 talk (behind the episode ‘Through the Valley of the Shadows’ with the cast of Discovery) but unfortunately it wasn’t being streamed.

    Our first successful activity of the day was the 11:00 autograph session with Chase Masterson. She seemed pleased when Dan asked her to sign one of her audio plays (the sleeve from his copy of ‘Doctor Who: The Shadow Heart’) and hinted that she might be appearing in more soon.

    It was a little after noon when we headed to deck 11 for lunch; by this point Explorer was in Freeport awaiting permission for people to go ashore. During our leisurely lunch in the Windjammer John De Lancy passed by our table, followed later by Ethan Philips and Jeffery Combes walking together, so we were glad take our time, work on our journal and people watch. This was the only port where we hadn’t booked an excursion, so we were in no rush to go on shore and it was after 14:00 when we finally walked down the gangplank.
    Read more