Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Arrived in Cairns

    May 18, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 24 °C

    Thursday 18th May – A long drive on a pretty boring road today, stopped at Cardwell for lunch and a walk along the pier, then back in the car continuing on to Cairns.
    Arrived at Crystal Cascades Caravan Park and set up camp. Barry and Bec came over to meet us, as they had a cabin for the night before moving on to Port Douglas. We sat around having some drinks, before arranging for the courtesy bus from the local hotel, ‘The Red Beret’ to come and pick us up so we could have a counter tea. Poor Bec was so tired, she fell asleep at the table, so after dinner we caught the courtesy bus back and had an early night.
    The caravan park at Crystals Cascades was chosen as it was close to where Emma-Jean was living at the time she sent out the birthday party invitations, but she has now moved to a property 2 hours north-west of Cairns. We still decided to base ourselves here as it was a quiet caravan park.
    Kim and Josh and the kids arrive tomorrow for a week. The caravan park is about 20minutes from Cairns, nice and quiet and we be out and about during the day. Loretta and Ron, Brooke, Nic and Hayley and Ollie arrive tomorrow and they are staying in Cairns, so we plan to meet them for dinner Friday night.
    Friday 19th May, we had a quiet day, catching up on washing etc. Kim and family arrived about 3pm and had an early night while we drove into Cairns to have dinner with the Burrows family at the RSL. After dinner, we walked along the foreshore, and enjoyed the balmy night walking amongst the trees that looked magical with coloured fairy lights. Another drink before saying goodnight and we would see them tomorrow at Curraghmore Station for Emma’s birthday.
    Read more