Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Tour Stop 3: Nazaré

    May 10 in Portugal ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    We drove to Nazare, a beautiful city on the sea. Jose drove us to the viewpoint to overlook the city, see the lighthouse and to tell us about "the 100 foot wave" the site is known for. It is a surfers paradise because of the size of the waves they get. They break at the lighthouse and the big waves go to the right and the beach area stays calm. Jose shared that we may see some of the local women in their traditional garb which is wearing 7 skirts layered. They are just above knee length. Jose pointed out a lady so I asked.if I could take a picture so he suggested we go ask. She was adorable and game to show me her skirt layers ( white cotton base, crocheted layers and more colorful layers of cotton)and broke out I to a dance and song and then turned as she was dancing to get a few very fresh, amazing tasting cashew, almond and corn nuts from her stand and handed them to me to try. She promptly asked which size of box I wanted to purchase. A very smart woman!! Her products were so tasty so we all bought from her😁. We walked down to see the lighthouse and view of the city and beaches.
    A beautiful area.
    Read more