Satelita
Pokaż na mapie
  • Dzień 18

    Day 14: Santo Domingo to Belorado

    31 maja 2023, Hiszpania ⋅ ☁️ 59 °F

    Mileage: 14.5 miles
    Altitude gain: 1,273 feet
    Altitude loss: 814 feet
    Weather: sunny and warm in the morning, then cool, cloudy, and breezy. Rain in the last three miles!
    Total mileage: 150.5

    We added a little extra mileage in the morning, looking for breakfast, but finally set out on a beautiful morning. Steady ascent throughout the day, with more fields. A lot of today’s trail ran alongside a highway, but beauty everywhere else. Several small villages along the way provided opportunities for sustenance and foot wiggle time. We landed in Belorado at a cozy albergue with many people we’ve seen on the trail over the past few days. A delicious pilgrim’s dinner ended a good day.

    1. and 2. The trail out of Santo Domingo
    3. Many of the village buildings are, as my guidebook says, “emblazoned” with coats of arms like this one. I enjoy the fantastical creatures they tend to feature.
    4. Fun/daunting to see the.Camino stretch out in front of me.
    5. and 6. Each village has at least one beautiful old church. I think this is Iglesia Nuestra Señora de La Calle in Redecilla del Camino
    7. Gate to ?
    8. Lots of Camino graffiti asking the way - this is an especially good one.
    9. So many views like this. I take so many pictures and none of them can even come close.
    10. The view from the balcony outside the bathroom (!) on the third floor of our albergue.
    Czytaj więcej