Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 1

    Charles de Gaulle International Airport

    2 april, Frankrijk ⋅ 🌬 12 °C

    Hi there ! We woke up at the ungodly hour of 2 AM to head to the airport. Bobo stood at the bathroom window and we felt a bit guilty leaving her 🥹💔 but we know that she will be in good hands with Sarah and Joanna. The journey went smooth, the bus actually arrived! I was a bit nervous, as there have been many strikes lately - but we were lucky this time ☺️!The flight to Paris went super well, despite the chaos at the check-in with idiots not knowing which lanes to use. But, we managed it in the end.
    Now we are desperately trying to stay awake during our layover in Paris (CDG). Terminal 2E is very disappointing. There are limited food vendors (no restaurants, just an Exki and Pret) and some hideous plastic meal deals at Relay. The shops here cater only for millionaires - you can buy Chanel, Gucci, Burberry, Hermes, Cartier, Hennesy branded products. The glamour and glitz attracted even us but the price tags left us horrified - we saw a male sweater from Hermes for 5.500 EUR 😯😯😯😯and a bandana for 350 EUR. Obviously, the shopkeepers found our existence in this fathomable luxury an oddity and thought we would steal or break something at any minute. So we opted to leave the fancy establishment before knocking anything over with our backpacks😂😂😂. So, if you are a fancy-pants, this is the right place for you. Otherwise the airport looks like a space ship lined with a 90ies burgundy office carpet. Definitely missable 😄.

    We are using the timeshifter app to help us adjust to the new timezone - and it is so hard to keep the recommended schedule. After filling out a short survery, and your flight details - timesifter creates a plan for you, incl. when to avoid light, drink coffee or go for a nap. We used it back then for Colombia as we found it very helpful.

    we are sooooo tired. Thanks for reading 🌈♥️.
    Meer informatie