Satellite
  • Day 5

    Armidale-Dorrigo-Coffs Harbour

    August 2, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    A foggy start as we left Armidale this morning travelling along the Waterfall Way. First stop Wollomombi Falls and guess what no water. Dramatic gorge though. Next stop though at Ebor Falls was a different story - upper and lower falls that were flowing nicely. Heading down through to Dorrigo it is obvious they have had a fair bit of rain - quite a contrast to only 50km up the range.

    The Rainforest Centre is very nice and some great walks in the area through lush rainforest. Brad even saw a Regent Bowerbird (we were told that's what it was - we didn't know), a very elusive bird that was unfortunately too quick for him to get a photo. The walk to Crystal Shower Falls and Tristiana Falls required quite a bit of effort - 40mins downhill and almost an hour back up. At the end of the day we had walked over 20000 steps, 13+ km and over 100 floors. No wonder we are tired.

    Well, first road trip is almost over - just a few hours to home calling into a couple of coastal villages we have never been to before. The car went well and we enjoyed exploring a small section of our country.
    Read more