Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    A Husky Adventure

    February 22, 2023 in Finland ⋅ ☀️ -17 °C

    Well, this experience exceeded my expectations - it was great!!

    Weather was perfect - nice and sunny again - very cold, but we were told that the huskies love it when it is cold and they just love to run... but first.. we had to be kitted out in super warm clothing from boots, thick woollen socks, full overalls and mittens as well as our usual scarves, beanies etc. So, being a short round, overalls are always too long in the body and legs and are quite awkward to walk in. Besides that, I look a bit like a gnome.

    Every couple had their team of 5 dogs. Brads job was to drive the sled - mine was to just sit and be the passenger (and take some photos/video). Suited me just fine. The dogs were yipping and barking in excited anticipation. When given the order to go they just took off. Brad did an excellent job of driving and I did an excellent job of sitting - ha!

    In the afternoon we just wandered around the town looking at a few souvenir shops and called into the Lutheran Church where the whole back wall behind the alter was made of windows and overlooked the beautiful wintery scene.
    Read more