Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Bergen, Norway

    August 13, 2023 in Norway ⋅ 🌧 63 °F

    What we did:
    - Slept in…again and tried to find coffee. However it was our first Sunday here where we realized everything was closed.
    - Road-trip to Bergen. It was raining so drove straight through to Bergen. We were sad to leave the fjords.
    - Fire alarm went off in the hotel that night. Most of the hotel evacuated to discover it was a false alarm
    - Caught up with Sally / Mom for first call check-in before going to sleep that night for a bright and early 3:30am wake up call for our hike the next day.

    What we ate:
    - Oatmeal for breakfast. Not sure we had lunch?
    - Trent tried reindeer sausage at the local fish market in Bergen, but out of principle couldn’t bring himself to try the whale or moose sausage.
    - Trent tried the local delicacy “fish cake” (aka cod pancake) and panicked because it was gross. Then bought a crappy overpriced hotdog that he regretted for the rest of the night. Steph smartly chose a Norwegian cinnamon bun.
    - Went to a local pub to try some other Norwegian brews. Steph’s was a lot more manly than Trent’s.
    - Dinner at Kafe Spesial in the local college town to capitalize on those college prices. Split shakshouka (picture) and a lamb burger which was not very good.

    Fun facts:
    - Bergen is Norway’s second largest city.
    - There are free range cows and sheep roaming everywhere in Norway. We had to drive at a good pace at all times to make sure we didn’t hit any.
    - We didn’t take any pictures in Bergen! This was a first of the trip.
    Read more