Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Zurich & Lucerne (Day 1), Switzerland

    August 17, 2023 in Switzerland ⋅ ☁️ 81 °F

    What we did:
    - Another early wake up to catch our 6am flight. Had some time to walk around the city of Zurich - walked along the glacier blue river and Lake Zurich overlook before breaking in Switzerland right with traditional Fondue for lunch!
    - After lunch traveled onto the beautiful town of Lucerne. Took an hour or so break to regroup once we got there. Planned on doing a boat tour, but clouds/slight rain and unexpected cost led us to instead just explore the area on foot, and we were very happy we did!
    - We felt like true Euro locals as we had our 1st picnic of the trip down by the lake! Throngs of locals all hanging out and not a single one staring at their phone… need to import that back to the US somehow.
    - Capped the night in the land of chocolate by enjoying a box of assorted Swiss chocolates while reading on a park bench down by the lake that had an unreal view of the sunset on the mountains. Probably safe to say Steph’s trip peaked in that moment, and folks, we might be all downhill from here.

    Where we ate:
    - Lunch at the highly recommend Swiss Chuchi! Lots of hype coming into this and it lived up - true Swiss fondue with bread, steak, pickles/onions and potatoes. Some cold Chasselas wine that locals say helps your stomach with the cheese. 10/10
    - After gorging for the last few days we hit the local grocery store for salads to picnic at the lake.
    - Couldn’t be tooo healthy so grabbed a box of assorted chocolate from Bachmann’s (this place is Steph’s Mecca).

    Fun facts:
    - Fondue is typically only available in the winter so not many places serve it summertime. Fondue originated in Zurich!
    Read more