Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 25

    Sorrento, Italy

    August 30, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 73 °F

    What we did:
    - Early 5am wake up to meet our first visitors! Taxi to Milan airport and bus from Naples to Sorrento - bit of a battle against motion sickness on all the windy roads but we prevailed
    - Trent and Steph checked in first with Helen and Brian arriving soon after following their flight from Malta and tour of Pompeii. Once there, everyone enjoyed catching up on the balcony over Italian wine and Maltese chocolates!
    - The group wandered through the streets of Sorrento on the way to dinner. Pitstop along the way for Aperol Spritz overlooking the marina! Living the good life
    - Fun few hours of Italian dinner and wines down at the Marina as the moon came up over the ocean.
    - Buzzed up by a few hours of drinks we ended up in absolute candy/booze onslaught in this Lemoncello shop (Limono Fabbrica) recommended by Sara. The store girls kept producing an array of free Lemoncello shots with various forms of lemon candy as chasers and “No” was simply not an option. After 15 minutes and 5+ shots each we bought a bottle and stumbled our way out of the store. Absolutely delicious, but man our heads paid for it in the morning.

    What we ate:
    - Breakfast bars and stale Naples airport baggage claim sandwhiches
    - Great dinner at Bagni Delfino! Right on the marina edge, enjoyed two bottles of local white wine, Caprese/Calimari apps, and seafood risotos/seafood platters for dinner. Thank you Brian/Helen!!

    Fun facts:
    - Ryan air does indeed stink. Just treat you like flying cattle with surcharges for in flight-oxygen
    - Sorrento is the birthplace of Limoncello. Original family recipes date back to 1900, with an international commerciallizarion of the “lemoncello” name not formalized until 1990. Made of a simple recipe of lemon peels, sugar, alcohol and water, this stuff is sacred in the area. Endless rows of similar shops deal their own take on the recipe throughtout the area.
    Read more