Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 28

    Amalfi, Italy (Day 2)

    2 septembre 2023, Italie ⋅ ☁️ 81 °F

    What we did:
    - BOAT DAY! And the weather was absolutely gorgeous. Before the boat we stopped at a cafe and Steph/Helen got Affogatos to really start the day right. The group stumbled through a chaotic Italian grocery store to buy beers, Aperol mix, snacks, and ice for the boat. The cashier was playing the pirates of the caribbean theme song to really set the tone as we dodged old angry italian women.
    - Captain Sergio met us at the Amalfi port for our 10-5:30pm boat day. Once on board we started loading beers in the cooler and he goes “how long are you guys staying?!” He only drinks beer after playing futbol so I think we floored him a bit. Americans drinking habits > Italians.
    - Sergio was the man. He took us at a leisurely pace all up and down the shoreline from Amalfi to Maiori/Minori and down to Praiano/Positano so we really got to see the whole coast. He was great at giving fun facts and pointing out key landmarks along the way.
    - We stopped twice to swim and the group had a blast diving off the boat and exploring the beaches (once at Minori and the other outside of Positano). Crystal clear blueish/green water with so much salt you barely have to swim - glorious! And no sketchy ocean creatures to be seen
    - Halfway through we pulled up to a boat access only restaurant that was absolutely bumping. Great vibes as enjoyed our lunch. After Brian absolutely butchered the pronunciation of the Italian menu, the waiter had a blast messing with him the rest of the meal much to the groups amusement.
    - After the boat we picked up grocery store dinner (see below) again fighting the tides of angry italian women. We enjoyed a chill dinner on our patio rooftop watching the sunset/moon ride over the ocean.
    - Probably best day of the trip so far!

    What we ate:
    - Steph and Trent made coffee and scrambled eggs at the apartment
    - Affogato at Bar Francesce in Amalfi main square
    - Waterfront lunch at Ristorante da Teresa (Seafood pasta and local peach wine for all)
    - Grocery store prosciutto, salami, italian cheese and homemade caprese salad

    Fun facts:
    - Sophia Loren owns one of the biggest houses on the coast, which includes her own personal helipad. Steph/Trent had seen a helicopter go in there earlier in the week
    - The super yachts rent for around $160k a week…
    - Our captain Sergio is a lawyer, but that’s such a tough business here given the state of Italian economy that it’s far more lucrative to do boat tours. Amalfi boating > legal briefs
    En savoir plus