Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 29

    Daily life in the camper

    June 4, 2023 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    If you are a camper yourself , you may be interested in our setup and practices to organize our daily life .
    Morning: Coffee , i went back to the setup my mom had when I grew up in Germany ...Melita #6 Filter filtered into a thermos . Just make sure to wet the grinds for a minute or 2 before adding boiling water.
    Meals: our 3 burner stove with oven provides a full kitchen and we cook and eat almost always at home in the camper. Number one reason ...the food is just better!
    Showers: The pride of many towns in the Canadian West , are their community centers. They often offer, clean , hot showers for a few bugs . While our camper has a hot outdoor shower, we rarely use it . We do have a pop up shower tent too, but after using it we have to watch the YouTube video,how to fold it back in the box
    Laundry: every 2 or 3 weeks we stop at a Laundromat. Amazing how fast these commercial machines work.
    Camping: With our self-contained camper ,we enjoy and want to support the many basic campgrounds (mostly provincial parks in Canada) , but also use boondocking sites ,if we find one away from the highway noise .
    As for our progress....after the last popular highlight in the Coastal mountains, Joffre provincial park, the landscape changes into rolling hills with even more lakes and large rivers. The northern latitude is clearly palpable now .....sunset at 9.30pm and close to freezing temperatures during the night!
    Read more