Satellite
  • Day 2

    Arrived in UK

    September 5, 2016 in Scotland ⋅ ⛅ 64 °F

    Well, we were hoping for a great flight, which for the most part it was. New airlines now have a pelefera of movies to watch while in flight. We may have had about 3-4 hrs of sleep with a meager breakfast.

    Nearing London, we ended up circling for 0.5 hrs while we waited for weather to stabilize. Then as we thought we were going to land, the plane pushed full throttle an went around for another try. We found out later, that the plane was unable to achieve full flaps and was required to run thorough an emergency checklist to land with alternate checklist without full throttle....of course, we only heard about that after we landed.

    We were able to figure out how to finally transfer through Heathrow, but by the time we landed, we had already missed 2 flights. We were able to get on a flight about 1330 instead of the first 9.:50 flight. We ended up dozing to Glasgow but finally made it to the town of destination. We tried to pick up an UBER, but without a local telephone nuber we were unable find a ride, so we ended up with a taxi to the hotel.

    Hotel is okay, Looks like the bath is updated, but the carpet is in need of upgrade as the matress. That did not stop us from sleeping more than 12 hrs when we finally laid down to sleep. But before that, we walked to the West to try to find a store to pick up a chip for our unlocked phone. However, they pointed us to the East end to St Enoch's square. We hopped on the subway, found a chip and then found a small pub for a beer and appetizers before we found our way back to the hotel. We ended up having a glass of wine at the restauarnt below th hotel with a shared pizza.
    Read more