Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 27

    PS: Back in the State...in Albuquerque

    September 30, 2016 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 64 °F

    Flight was uneventful getting to El Paso. First class came w/ lunch, so we didn't need to stop on the way and delay any longer. We were able to get an hour sleep before we ate lunch and then talked at length with the First Class Stewardess. She had done the Camino in August, walking! Ready to go back and do the trip from Lisbon next year. Sounds like she is selling her things and minimizing so she can do more of this type of travel while she is still young enough to still do it. Picture is the ceiling in the El Paso airport. Very similar in style to the ABQ ceiling.

    We checked for our bags at the El Paso airport just in case the AA counter clerk was successful in transferring them to the El Paso flight to save us later hassle, but they were not to be found in TX. The AA app showed the to have just unloaded in ABQ.

    We picked up the AVIS rental car at the airport. Diane noticed the smudged copy of the contract was a bit higher (now $148 instead of the total cost estimate of $109 from the e-mail), thought there must have been an additional charge not covered in the e-mail last eve. Did mention that we would be returning tonight and the counter clerk agreed we were doing them a favor. Trip to ABQ was uneventful until we turned in the car and found out that we were charged $198! They claimed that the extra charges were due to milage charges. Avis is very clever, charged me for 2 days and the mention to mileage charges was in light grey font off to the side from the "total Cost" estimate, so impossible to see when I checked the reservation on the smart phone. ABQ claimed that they couldn't change another groups charges (deja vu!!!) and I would have to take up my issue with the El Paso office. Great! Will complain about all of this later, but first home to the Robin house to close out a wonderful trip.
    Read more