Satelit
Tampilkan pada peta
  • Hari 14

    Day 14 - Into Vermont

    6 Oktober 2023, Amerika Serikat

    Up slowly as the day came up gray. Breakfast at the hotel. (We have been staying at Home2Suites by Hilton since Bangor. We have been very happy with the rooms and breakfast.) Off around 10:00 heading up the 302 past the Mt Washington Hotel and a covered bridge on the NH-Vermont line. Into St Johnsbury and across middle Vermont. The overcast skies washed out the colors but there were places where they shown through, anyway. The clouds crested the Green Mountain Range and seemed to pour into the valley.

    Turned south along Mount Mansfield (tallest peak in Vermont). We stopped at the Ben and Jerry’s factory and had the obligatory ice cream. Toured their graveyard of past flavors. Turned east at Waterbury and drove to and around Montpelier. The capital was devastated by flooding through the middle of town just this last July. Cleanup was in progress downtown but quite a lot was already up and running.

    Back west along the 2 to Williston and our hotel (another Home2Suites). After unpacking, Marie and Bruce went out for a walk. Found an Overlook Park nearby and trekked at bit into the woods and back out. At the hotel, we watched the news then walked to a grocery store across the parking lot where we picked up some deli food and brought it back to eat.
    Baca selengkapnya