Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Leave GA arrive at Holder, FRI Day 1

    February 26, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 66 °F

    Relaxed and had our coffee, took the dogs for a walk and started packing up at 10 and pulled out of Reed Bingham at 11 a.m. Stopped to pick up a few things at Walmart and then off to Florida and Holder Mine.
    Crossed into Florida at 12:15 p.m. Driving along the Florida Georgia line there are a lot of dilapidated houses. We got hungry and grabbed it leftovers from the Salty Snapper and are while driving. It was interesting to drive the back roads from Adel, GA to Inverness and it took a little longer, but no rush and we arrived at the campground at 4 p.m.
    We're pleased with our site and the campground. Lots of space, shade, plenty of room for the dogs and fenced from the road, clean shower house and lots of trails to hike with the puppers. We're in lot #4 and at first thought it might be too close to the road and gate, but it's not bad at all and I kind of like watching people come and go as we're sitting around relaxing. It was 86° when we pulled in and set up and I turned on the AC first thing. Thankfully it cooled down to 60° overnight.
    Read more