Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 17

    Holder FRI Day 14

    March 11, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 75 °F

    Short walk this morning. Started to pick up loose items outside the trailer in prep for tomorrow's move. Mel took two loads of brush to the dump and we concentrated on raking and clean the spot where we'll put the trailer. I worked cutting down a few more small dead trees while Mel was gone with the second load and was pretty much done in when he got back.
    Decided to let him work while I ran to Home Depot to get treated plywood. What an agitating trip that was! Wait 15 min at customer service to return hoe. Go to the bathroom. Find the plywood and wait/look for helper for 10 min. Ask girl to call somebody g nobody showed up for 10 min. Go to cashier and ask them to send someone. Finally get the plywood & want the guy to follow me to load in the truck, but no, I have to pay first. Wait 15 min in line while people go ahead of me to the other register. 🤬 Go outside and ask helper for help but no, he has to load freezer. He stands there and talks while waiting for their truck to pull up and could have had my plywood loaded. 🤬 Another worker finally helps. All loaded, I back out of parking space and the guy with the freezer is blocking the exit while trying to untie a knot in the back of his truck. Waited and finally asked the guy to move so I could get out! 🤬🤬 Aggravated!
    Back at the property and loaded loose mulch piles into the trailer. Raked and started to put stuff away. Lastly we cut the plywood for the jack pads with the pole saw. We are both exhausted and dirty. So ready to get back to trailer and shower. It felt so good! Good night!
    Read more