Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Last Dinner in Sigiriya

    December 26, 2023 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    For Dinner we went to a cute little restaurant on the lane where our Hotel was. They sold beer (though it wasn’t on the menu!) Mum & Dad were pleased! Lime juice for Stanley and Pineapple juice for Lara, freshly squeezed – delicious! With half a beer in Mum she proceeded to regale the family with tales of woe! There was the ghost train fire in the late 70’s where heaps of people died because they could never have found the way out! There was the roller coaster disaster on the gold coast. But the favourite was the school mate whose father built the Gooding family home and lived around the corner but it all went bad when Poppa took him to Court and whose son ended up being a mass murderer. Mum could not control her hysterical laughter when telling everyone what ‘crop dusting’ meant to airline hostesses! It took about 8 minutes for us to hear the answer as every time we got close Mum would start laughing again! In case you were wondering it is what they call it when hostesses fart when passing the seats of passengers they don’t like!

    The meals were delicious! Our first kottu in Sri Lanka, we think we might have this for dinner every night in Sri Lanka!!
    Read more