Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Nine Arch Bridge

    December 28, 2023 in Sri Lanka ⋅ 🌧 23 °C

    The clouds had fully rolled in so there was no point in going up to Little Adams peak. Dad questioned everyone who had come down and they all said the same thing so we headed off to the Nine Arch Bridge.

    The Tuktuk drivers said it was a 1.5km walk so offered 2,000 rupees return. We thought we would suck it up and it turned out to be a great call as the tuktuk’s could only travel 1/3 of the way before the path became only walkable. Again lots of muddy pathway to get there but we made it – along with 100’s of other tourists!

    Was really neat being able to walk the track and get different perspectives. When it came time for the 12pm train the tourist police would blow their whistle and get everyone off the railway line. Dad and Lara sat on the bridge while the train went by trying to get the perfect selfie but is was completely ruined by some tourists putting their phones into our view to catch the train across the bridge. Boy Dad was pissed at that!

    We bought pineapple and mango off the salesman, so sweet and delicious we bought another one of each!

    The walk back up was tough going but we felt good about saving 2,000 rupees! It starting raining really hard just as we got back to the road which was a little lucky.
    Read more