Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    The Hope of the World

    May 20 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 46 °F

    The day started out bright and early cause today was the BIG walk, 15.5 miles and hoping for no rain. Well God showed up in a BIG way!

    👉🏽 Sun ☀️ was out!

    👉🏽Visited churches along the way. I think about all that entered but walked away without hope. Praying for those lost and alone.

    👉🏽 Praying together with my bride as we walk the Camino is one of our favorite times.

    👉🏽 One store we passed had a ‘free hugs’ sign. No one was standing there. I asked Brett if I could stand there and give free hugs. She said I could but that she was leaving 🤣.
    I got the message!

    👉🏽 We finished the day with a pilgrims mass. The country is predominately Catholic, but as I finished the day and sat by the bench i saw the sun setting as it lit up the cross on the church. Was reminded that Jesus is the hope of the world.

    The ending of a wonderful day.

    #55MilesComplete

    ————————

    Route Summary

    15.5 mi, 1832 ft

    Portomarín to Palas de Rei

    After leaving Portomarín, a town that dates back to the Romans which was an important stop along the route in the Middle Ages, you will set out on foot for Palas de Rei. This stage will take you through the region of Monterroso and Palas de Rei, crossing renowned villages like Gonzar, Castromaior and Ligonde. The first half of the stage goes right by the main road and the second over roads paved specifically for the pilgrims.
    Read more