Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Bath, June 16

    June 16, 2018 in England ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Our last day! What should we do?

    Number one (perhaps two) on the list was to fuel up for a day of walking and making sure we didn't miss anything.

    After breakfast, we walked to the train station to get our tickets for tomorrow and to orient ourselves in case time was short. Next was the walking tour, but after listening for a few minutes we decided to check out a few other places as this was an overview and we felt that we had accomplished that.

    We walked down Great Pulteney Street towards the Holburne Museum and the gardens, stopping at shops along the way. The gardens were very nice and the flowers (few that there were) were very colorful on a cloudy day. Then for a coffee, and to really finish this off, a hot chocolate and scone at the Bath Bun Tea Shoppe.

    Along the walk back to the B & B to drop off a few items, we passed a weekend bowling contest (Bath Boules) at one of the green parks that exist throughout the city.

    The Royal Crescent (Number 1 is a museum) was a step back in time. Built in the mid-1700's and sold to individuals, some units today are privately owned and occupied while others are rented as apartments. Number 1 is a museum that contains period furniture and excellent narrations of what we were seeing. They lived well, but we like the times that we are living in.

    Love the dog in the exercise cage used to turn the meat on the spit!

    Dinner turned out to be a real treat. We enjoyed another Italian meal at the Martini Restaurant and the waiter made it very special. Seldom have we run into someone who has such a love for his work that it shows like this individual. Very prompt with our requests, the water glasses were always full, used dishes were promptly removed, and the bill came quickly. He was singing (this man was a real Italian) and having a good time serving others. Of course, he did mention that if I wanted to leave a tip, this is what I needed to do when we paid the bill. He deserved it.

    Taxi is reserved to pick us up at 0700 for a 10 minute ride to the train station. It will be good to get home even though we have both thoroughly enjoyed our trip to England.
    Read more