Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    David's Tomb and the Upper Room

    May 14, 2019 in Israel ⋅ ☀️ 84 °F

    Just outside of the Zion Gate and the Old City of Jerusalem wall, there is a site considered by some to be the burial place of King David. The majority of historians and archaeologists do not consider the site to be the actual resting place of King David. The Bible tells us that King David died and was buried in the City of David (1 Kings 2:10).
    Above David's Tomb on the next floor of the building is the location of a Christian tradition - the Upper Room. This is where it is believed that Jesus shared his last meal with His apostles. Mark chapter 14 records this event: Jesus said... "And you shall say to the owner of the house, ‘The Teacher says to you, “Where is the guest room in which I may eat the Passover with My disciples?” And he will show you a large, furnished upper room; prepare it there.” And they left and found everything just as He had told them; and they prepared the Passover...While they were eating, He took some bread, and after a blessing, He broke it, and gave it to them, and said, “Take it; this is My body.” And when He had taken a cup and given thanks, He gave it to them, and they all drank from it. “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many,” he said to them." This location has been rebuilt and changed many times. The tree trunk represents the gentiles who were grafted in.
    Read more