Satellite
  • Day 6

    Ein Gedi

    May 12, 2019 in Israel ⋅ ☀️ 79 °F

    En Gedi (meaning spring of the wild goat) is an oasis and a nature reserve in Israel, located west of the Dead Sea, near Masada and the Qumran Caves. Because of its warm climate and abundant supply of water, the site developed a reputation for its fragrant plants and date palm groves. Ein Gedi is in the inheritance of Judah. The following two Bible passages take place in En Gedi:
    1 Samuel 24:1-3 “Now when Saul returned from pursuing the Philistines, he was told, saying, “Behold, David is in the wilderness of Engedi.” Then Saul took three thousand chosen men from all Israel and went to seek David and his men in front of the Rocks of the Wild Goats. He came to the sheepfolds on the way, where there was a cave; and Saul went in to relieve himself.”
    David snuck into the cave and cut off a piece of Saul's Rob, then later called out to Saul:
    1 Samuel 24:11 “Now, my father, see! Indeed, see the edge of your robe in my hand! For in that I cut off the edge of your robe and did not kill you, know and perceive that there is no evil or rebellion in my hands, and I have not sinned against you, though you are lying in wait for my life to take it.”
    And this is where God defeated the enemies of the Israelites by praise and worship led by King Jehoshaphat.
    2 Chronicles 20:2 & 17 “Then some came and reported to Jehoshaphat, saying, “A great multitude is coming against you from beyond the sea, out of Aram and behold, they are in Hazazon-tamar (that is Engedi).”
    “You need not fight in this battle; station yourselves, stand and see the salvation of the LORD on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem.’ Do not fear or be dismayed; tomorrow go out to face them, for the LORD is with you.”
    Read more