Satellite
  • Day 13

    Bergen, Norway

    July 26, 2013 in Norway ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    We all got off today, even Sheila.
    We asked Buzz to come with us which he did, I think he was glad of the company.
    He is missing his wife and kids quite badly, which makes the job hard for him.
    Anyway we all jumped the shuttle, a free one I might add, and got dropped off in town.
    We had a bit of a walk around till we found a MacDonalds and headed in for the free WiFi, only thing was, it had the slowest serving staff I've ever encountered.
    Definitely not FAST FOOD lol.
    We must have spent an hour in there, checking email, Facebook etc.
    Buzz downloaded an entire episode of Downton Abbey, only to realise after 30 mins or so, that he'd seen it lol.
    We then had another stroll to find some pressies for Aimee to take home for Mum and Nan.
    Then I spotted what I thought was our ship, so we decided to walk back instead of getting the shuttle....Bad decision, we walked and walked towards the port, with Sheila all the time saying, "I'm sure this is the wrong way".
    Well knowing her sense of direction, we didn't listen.
    Only to eventually find out she was right.
    We'd walked to the opposite side of town that we needed.....oops!
    So we jumped a taxi back to our ship, which Buzz insisted on paying for.
    Still, we had a nice day, and Bergen is a beautiful town, with the slowest Mackie Dees, and if I ever come back, will explore it more.
    Read more