Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Day 1 Travel and Settle in

    August 17, 2018 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    So 2 am start....... good job Nyah woke us up because we would have missed our flight ! This is highly unusual as normally it takes dynamite to get her out of bed. Flight was at 5.00 am and uneventful except Daddy offered to take the seat next to Lillian and every time he managed to get to sleep “daddy, daddy, look at that, look at this, did you know . Etc etc .......... arrived in Corfu after 3 hour flight and so did our bags, result ! We found out about Maisie’s latest special skill “early suitcase recognition” “here comes one of ours” before it was even loaded onto the ramp ! Then for the grumpy Tui rep. “Is at least one of you 18!” We had told them that Nyah was so the girls had room of there own and Mummy and Daddy could get some peace (of course we realised within 10mins of getting into the room that this was not going to be the case, Lillian has spent a lot more time in Mummy and Daddy’s room than her own) . Corfu looks fantastic and the weather is really hot. However we did not really find time to explore (not a problem we are coming back in a week), the girls were more excited about getting into their room and exploring all the ship has to offer. I have to say the check in to the boat and the welcome was amazing. Food has been incredible and the rooms are perfect. We had our first evening meal in Italian restaurant on board watched the late night cabaret introduction and the girls went off to bed. Mummy and Daddy stayed up for the “set sail” party on deck ! It was a very memorable moment we set sail from Corfu at 11.30 PM (9.30PM UK time)...... so in bed probably around 12.30 pm and we were gone for the night after being awake the best part of 20 hrs but what an amazing start to our two weeks. This ship is amazing and there is just too much to do I think we are in for a fun time ! Ps if you reading this already then sorry for the lack of photos and maps we are trying to fix but connections are not too good at sea, we will have a go when we reach dry land ! .....”life on the ocean waves, diddly diddly dooooo”

    Oh if you want to see what this ship is like then goggle Marella Discovery 2
    Oh last thing Lillian did have a pooh in Corfu !
    Read more