Satellite
  • Day 11

    All roads lead to Rhodes

    August 27, 2018 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Today we had a little lie in no planned excursions ! As it is becoming normal the girls seem to do their own thing these days now they are with their group if teen friends so left to Mummy, Daddy and Lillian going to breakfast.

    Cheryl and me have been to Rhodes before so we knew Rhodes town was a good place to mooch and shop, so that’s what we did. The town was a lot busier and more expensive than we remembered. We have finally found the only positive thing about Brexit with the pound and euro at parity we didn’t have to do much mental calculation.

    We finally met up with the girls and a little walk into the old town through the beautiful harbour and old town walls, a few photos then hit the shops like a good’un ! I needed BO spray, 4.80 euros !!!! I must really stink. Lillian was taken by the rubber tomato you splat on the ground and it reforms into shape (she later bought one, took to the girls teens club, it burst but the young lad that did it ran back into town to get a replacement which was nice of him)

    We mooched a bit as usual moaning from Lillian as she wanted to buy the whole town, girls got some jewellery then Daddy got what he came for, a litre of beer served in a boot......only 9 euros, bargain !

    Anyway it was getting hotter and hotter and busier and busier so the girls, all three of them walked back to the boat while Mummy and Daddy walked along water front to look at some yachts and more of the castle walls as well as windmills.

    In the evening we went to the 47 lounge for dinner, Lillian had Spaghetti, the she went off to kids club the rest of us went to see the evening show, Starry Starry night, which featured the music on moulin rouge and marathon long can can, very impressive, after that Mummy, Daddy and Lillian watched mr and mrs in venue and the girls disappeared with their new friends to god only knows what time in the morning

    A fun day again
    Read more