Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Day 14 Albany to Walpole

    April 27, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    So today we left Albany planning to get to Denmark but it turned out that Denmark was just down the road so we ended up driving past Denmark to Walpole.
    Before reaching Denmark we stopped at a place called 'Green Pools' which is a really nice beach that looks light green up close. From 'Green Pools' we walked to a place called 'Elephants Rocks', We took lots of pictures and while looking through the pictures we found a picture of the rocks that looked like an elephant.
    As we drove through Denmark we didn't see anything interesting so we just kept driving. We stopped at a 'Bee Meadery' that sold heaps of different products with honey. There was wine, ice-cream, lots of different types of honey that I've never even heard of before and honey based items/toys.
    At the bee place I learnt how to detect a queen bee in a hive with thousands of other bees, and I also learnt that sugarless chocolate and honey ice-cream doesn't taste so nice.
    Next stop was at a place called 'The Valley of the Giants' where you could go tree surfing but that was really expensive so instead we followed the path along the bottom of the giant 400 year old Tingle trees.
    'The Valley of the Giants' was the last place we visited before arriving at the Coalmine Beach caravan park in Walpole. Shortly after arriving we met some other young kids that we made friends with. We played lots of fun games all evening until it got dark.
    That would be it for today, we are leaving tomorrow to reach Margaret River.
    Read more