Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 6

    Amsterdam

    6. juni 2023, Holland ⋅ ☀️ 20 °C

    We used Haarlem as a home base while we ventured out and explored Amsterdam and various neighborhoods around Haarlem. I'm really glad we did that - Amsterdam itself was a bit crowded and super full of tourists. It's nice as a place to go to, but I wouldn't necessarily want to stay there. It was really nice though, lots of biking infrastructure and aesthetic canals.

    We went to see the Rijksmuseum, we took a Canal tour, and we drank beers at a Windmill brewery which was pretty cool. We also explored the main park for a bit. Ugh...I bought tickets for the canal thing for the wrong week. Luckily I was able to buy new tickets but that was really stupid on my part.

    We also tried shrooms on another day when we went to the park. Unfortunately, they did not work well. This is probably because we ate stroopwaffles. The sugar apparently counteracts the effects of the shrooms. And they weren't exactly shrooms either - they were technically truffles. I don't really know the difference but they were red colored, looked artificial and tasted awful. I wouldn't do that again.

    Also...drama. Everything was great and we were having a ton of fun getting drunk together until Alexa started crying. I think that her drunken state lowered her inhibitions and she started talking about how she needed Graham to convert to Christianity and that was a really important thing to her. She had never brought this up before. What a nightmare. And she was talking to James and crying the whole time which really sucked because James had just gotten out of a long term relationship himself and did not need that drama.
    Læs mere