Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 110

    Banmeesuko, Phitsanulok, Day 1

    7. joulukuuta 2017, Thaimaa ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Not much to report today. We have a slow start and actually take advantage of the free breakfast, having about two plates full each, before we head to the train station again. It's a 5 hour journey today and we are both delighted when we board a mostly empty train.
    These trains are definitely the best and cheapest ways to travel. It's great to sit back and relax as the train winds through the countryside. The 5 hours seems to fly by and when we arrive in Phitsanulok it is already dark. The tuk tuk drivers are an annoying bunch here, constantly increasing the price they first said to us until we have had enough and decide to walk. It's a long, sweaty journey but we soon make it the hotel/home stay.
    We get settled into our weirdly English based room (Beatles posters and union jacks everywhere) before heading out for something to eat. Unfortunately, the amount of restaurants is similar to the number in Ayutthaya and Lopburi, so we walk for a while (past a pretty amazing temple that is under construction) until we find somewhere selling food. It is a restaurant/bar that has recently been bought by a Canadian guy who seems very friendly, and the pizza is awesome! We also have a Canadian dish named poutine, which is basically cheese, chips and gravy.
    After the meal we head back to the room, hoping that Phitsanulok will have more to offer tomorrow.
    Lue lisää