Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 143

    PP Tonsai Place, Phi Phi, Day 4

    January 9, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Luckily, the hangovers from today aren't too severe, which is surprising considering the amount of booze we got through. We decide that we need a bit of exercise, and to sweat some of the the alcohol, so we head back up to the first viewpoint with Helen. It is a long way, and is mostly uphill, so Helen, who is struck down with cold, is struggling as reach the top. To be honest, we all are very sweaty and rather exhausted as we reach the top. The views are just as amazing as we remember, and the feeling when we reach the top and know we only have to go down now is very nice.
    As Helen and Amy get Helen's nail gel/varnish removed, I aim to go back to the room. After around five minutes I realise i am heading to the other side of the island, so after checking a roadside map, turn back past the salon and finally reach the room, fifteen minutes later then I should have. When they return we all go out for something to eat, before Amy and Helen go gt a massage, and I again go back to the room. They tried to tempt me into a massage, but right now I am far too tired to think of that.
    When they return we all chill out for a bit, and Amy pretty convincingly wins a game of monopoly. Helen's cold is bad, and mine is just starting to hit, so adding that to the booze yesterday, and we are all pretty tired, so we don't plan on doing anything else very energetic today. We go out for a gorgeous meal in a very nice restaurant, before wandering the streets of Phi Phi hoping to do a bit of present shopping. Unfortunately, the prices here are about double as they are on land, so we decide to wait until we are back in Krabi tomorrow. It is an early night, as we get ready for a ferry trip back inland tomorrow, for Helen's last full day in Thailand.
    Read more