Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 144

    Ancora Blu, Ao Nang, Day 1

    January 10, 2018 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Sadly it is time for Helen's stay on the islands to end. We are very sad to leave Phi Phi, it is an amazing place and we all feel we could stay for weeks! We arrive to the ferry at 10 as told, and end up sitting for around 40 minutes waiting to set sail. Finally we leave and get some breeze to cool us down. As we drift away, it is nice to have one last look at this beautiful place. But leave we must, and on the front of the ferry in the glaring sun, it is going to be a long couple of hours.
    As we arrive at the Krabi pier we are bustled into the back of a van by a rather annoyingly loud man. The short trip to Ao Nang doesn't take long, but the driver gets even more annoying as he drops us at the beach and not at our hotel as promised when we bought the ticket. He tries to make us pay for him to take us here but we say no, as Amy uses some colourful language to describe him. His rudeness is a lot more annoying then being left here! Anyway, we are only about a couple of miles away from our hotel, so after a subway we jump into a tuk tuk and go straigt there.
    The cold that Helen has been suffering with has been transferred to me (one of the problems wih sharing food), and I am feeling the full force of it today. Luckily, the hotel room is lovely, and I don't feel guilty about not doing much for the rest of the day.
    As we didn't do present shopping in Phi Phi, we do have to leave the room though. We find the perfect place mere minutes away from our hotel, which is lucky as the heavens open as we are inside. Most of the clothes that we needed are bought for about half of what we would have paid on Phi Phi. We get something to eat before Amy and Helen decide to buy more clothes.
    We make it back to the room and managed to stay slightly dry,l. It is agreed that it is a good idea to keep it that way and not head out again. Instead we have a nutritious supper of pot noodles and bread while watching paddington bear. A nice way to spend Helen's final night!
    Read more