Satellite
  • Day 4

    Palm springs

    February 7, 2022 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 18 °C

    We left Warner Brothers and started the trip to Palm Springs which took a couple of hours to do the hundredish miles between where we were and the town. We arrived just before 3:00 and after a quick drive around the downtown area we checked into our hotel for the night which is the Inn at Palm Springs. This hotel is more like a motel with a lovely little pool large rooms which are rustic and spotlessly clean.

    We decided to have a quick dip in the pool before the sun went behind the mountains. It was a short swim and then a beer seeing the send dip behind the hills.

    After refreshing up we caught an Uber to the downtown area and spent a little bit of time wondering up and down before settling on a bar to have a drink overlooking the main street. It was still warm or most places here have heaters as the temperature does dip quickly once the sun's gone down. Mum at a cocktail and I had a couple of different beers and we shared some coconut shrimp.

    We wandered further down the main street past a massive statue of Marilyn Monroe and settled on a place to eat called Kaiser. The food was lovely although somewhat expensive andy 9:00 it was both getting cold and we were starting to feel the effects of the early start and so we ordered another Uber to take us back to our hotel.
    Read more