Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 22

    Hong Kong Part Deux

    July 6, 2018 in Hong Kong ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Hello Hong Kong. I appreciate you more the second time around.

    Our flight from Ho Chi Minh City was uneventful and we arrived at our hotel in Hong Kong around 4:30 pm. We headed out a little later for dinner and discovered a covered elevated walkway that led us to the closest metro station. Attached to the adjacent shopping centre from our hotel it would have saved us a lot of time and sweat if we had known about it on our first stay.

    We ended up at a Taiwanese restaurant at another shopping centre a couple stops down the line. Food was good, service was great, restaurant was spotlessly clean and packed, and the portions were tiny. We ate about 2/3 of what we would normally eat at a Chinese restaurant for double the cost. We are definitely not in Vietnam anymore.

    After dinner we strolled around some of the main shopping streets for a while before making our way back to our hotel to catch the early soccer game- 10:00 pm here.

    Tomorrow we fly Hong Kong to Tokyo, then Tokyo to Vancouver, departing Hong Kong at 2:30 pm and arriving in Vancouver at 2:45 pm. Must be some kind of new supersonic jet or something.
    Read more