Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    David's Sydney Bottom Six

    October 19, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    So, turns out you can create new off-line footprints fine, but you can't edit one that already has stuff on it unless you have the internet.

    That's fine, it just means I get that much more space for adding pictures :-)

    Ok, the low-lights.

    #1 - Cancelled flight

    Oh what a mess to get us going. Nothing like being told that you can't get out until Saturday if you want to sit together.

    Thankfully we were able to get creative, but it wasn't much fun for anyone involved to have to spend an extra night at home and then drive to the airport the next day with a lot of uncertainty.

    The airlines is a bit like healthcare . . . you have to be your own advocate. The suggestion of having one go First class and the other economy with a standby list was something that we came up with and wasn't even a possible suggestion by them. Glad Jacques was able to get us going, but you would have thought they could have had some creative ideas.

    #2 - First class seat malfunction.

    Really sad to finally get things going only to find that Brenda's seat didn't recline fully. Kinda figured that was the point of the lay flat seat, right?

    Brenda and I were able to swap out during the trip, so we each got some sleep rather than not much at all, but it could have been much better.

    #3 - Airport Shuttle issues. Our Uber ride to the airport was super easy, very quick, and relaxing. I'm sure the shuttle would have worked out, but why it needed to be as difficult as it was I have no idea. The vacation is about relaxing, so let me tell you, Uber = relaxation for travel. Quite a bit easier than trying to get a cab and the app is fun to watch the car arrive in real time. Getting the plate / make of the car is nice too so you can keep a really good eye out for it.

    #4 - No hat . . . yet.

    I've been searching and searching, but I haven't located the perfect hat yet for me. Trying to find one that is affordable, and would be something that I would want to wear on a regular basis. They have some leather ones that aren't too bad with a mesh for breathing, but the perfect one has remained elusive thus far.

    #5 - Blue Mountain Trip lunch.

    Really an odd set up. They don't tell you what the lunch is going to be, so when they start putting food out (Family style) you're not sure if you should take some, or if something else is coming or what.

    Plus, an odd mix . . . Salad, fried rice, veggies, beer battered fish, and schnitzle, so not exactly things that Brenda really could fill up on. The tarter sauce was pretty yummy though, so there was that.

    #6 - Bondi Beach T-Shirt

    So, I finally find a shirt that I really like and of course they only have it in small, so luck there.

    It's pretty minor when you think of the grand scheme of things, but it was a bit of a bummer.

    That has been about it. The first low-light puts the other's in perspective. After all, without getting past the first one, we never would have had either experiences, good or bad.

    Plus we still have some time to find the right hat or right shirt, so as the Aussies say, "No Worries."
    Read more