Satellite
  • Day 1

    Whatever can go wrong...

    February 2, 2022 in Portugal ⋅ 🌧 15 °C

    Well, we almost fucked up the boarding this morning. We were way too early at the airport, had a relaxed coffee and enjoyed being totally in control of the check-in procedure. Sometimes we (that is "I") get a little hectic before we enter the plane.
    While I was checking out a charging station for my smartphone I recognized a sign saying #SafetyMadeira. So I asked Anke if she knew what it was all about.
    And while the other passengers starting boarding Anke was lightning struck when she remembered that we had entered our Corona documents 48 hrs ahead of time.
    So things all of a sudden got quite tense and hectic and in the last minute we received a message that our data were being processed. The ground personnel let us enter the plane on our own risk getting turned down entering Madeira.

    The plane was crammed full with Tschech tourists. Some of them gave the flight attendants a hard time being unable to cover mouth and nose with their masks. I know, I know...it is really hard to understand how and why masks are being used.

    After only four and a half hours the nightmare was over (can you imagine flying to Australia for more than 23 hrs, wearing a mask and being surrounded by folks that could care less?). Finding the car rental was easy, passing the health check a piece of cake, and we quickly turned out on those narrow and windy roads along the coast.

    Took us an hour to get to our house, did some food shopping during the trip and I know for sure that I don't need a car full of electronic nonsense on narrow, winding roads.

    Side thought: Seing the prices for booze in the Duty Free area reminds that I have not been buying any stuff in ages😱
    Read more