Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 33

    Turkish Bath

    July 12, 2016 in Turkey ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Whilst in Turkey you must try a Turkish bath so we did a very different type of experience but still enjoyable.

    A Turkish Bath is a type of public bathing associated with the culture of the Ottoman Empire and more widely the Islamic world. It is a method of cleansing and relaxation.,

    The buildings are similar to the thermal Roman baths. The process involved in taking a Turkish bath sort of like a sauna but not really.

    This is not something you do as a couple, boys to the left and girls to the right. The staff did not speak much English so we communicated in sign language. First they show you to a room and you are given paper undies and a robe . You then proceeded to a beautiful hot room with naked ladies laying down on a slab of marble relaxing and some being washed. Even the staff are naked and they are not trim and terrific so you did not feel uncomfortable. So anyway you laydown on this hot slab looking up at the most beautiful ceiling and with the heat of the slab and the air you just perspire freely. After laying there for a while it was my turn to be scrubbed and washed and I mean scrubbed all over. Then I had to sit up and have my head on the ladies tummy so she could wash my hair, to wash of the suds warm water is poured over you, but then you go to another section where you had cold water poured over your head. It was fun and I would have a Turkish bath again.

    Not many pictures as who wants to see naked bodies.
    Read more