Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Nepal

    May 1, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Nepal here were come, lots to see and do. Heaps of Temples to see and stairs and mountains to climb. We will do Mount Everest in style with a helicopter tour to base camp fingers crossed the weather permits.

    Nepal is one of the least developed countries in the world according to the U.N. This means we will see drastic differences between life in the cities and life in the small villages. The culture and people have a resilient spirit and it’s a beautiful place to visit according to what we have read and heard.

    Nepal’s history dates back more than 2,500 years. But much of that ancient history is unknown. Many of the UNESCO sites we will be visiting date back to the 1400s.

    Nepal has some development but remains about 80% rural. It’s also one of the least developed countries in the world apparently.

    Nepal has struggled to meet tourism demand which has resulted in poorly maintained transportation infrastructures, hotels and places to eat so this will not be a 5 star vacation. We are looking forward to all that Nepal has to offer and hope we do not have any issues with the altitude or food.
    Read more