Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Annapurna Base Camp Helicopter Tour

    May 6, 2019 in Nepal ⋅ ☀️ 0 °C

    The morning continues with a Helicopter Tour to Annapurna Base Camp, this should have been Everest Base Camp but was cancelled due to weather, no I still need to do Everest Base Camp to remove from my bucket list.

    We flew over different forest, villages, rivers, spectacular panoramic view of Dhaulagiri mountain, Machhapuchre mountain, Himchuli mountain and Myriads.

    The Annapurna Sanctuary is a high glacial basin lying 40 km directly north of Pokhara. This oval-shaped plateau sits at an altitude is 4130 metres and is surrounded by a ring of mountains, the Annapurna range, most of which are over 7000 metres. With the only entrance a narrow valley between the peaks of Hiunchuli and Machapuchare, where run-off from glaciers drain into Modi Khola River, the Sanctuary was not found by outsiders until 1956 due to high mountains on all sides, the Annapurna Sanctuary receives only 7 hours of sunlight a day at the height of summer.

    Our guide told us it would be cold so we rugged up expecting it to be cold and snowy but it was actually quite warm.

    John had a few breathing problems and felt a little dizzy I was fine until getting back to the helecopter to come back to the home and I slipped and fell out just a little graze but I think brusing will appear later today.

    It was fun and I am sort of glad we did it but dissappointed as well Everst was the plan.
    Read more