Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Chitwan

    May 7, 2019 in Nepal ⋅ ☀️ 37 °C

    Chitwan District is one of 77 districts of Nepal, and is located in the southwestern part of Bharatpur, the fourth largest city of Nepal. Bharatpur is a commercial and service centre of central south Nepal and major destination for higher education, health care and transportation in the region.

    The district takes its name from the Chitwan Valley, one of Nepal's Inner Terai valleys between the Mahabharat and Siwalik ranges, both considered foothills of the Himalayas.

    Chitwan has a Dense Forest and was a land of leopard and Bengal tiger let’s hope we see some, but with our luck I am guessing we will not see any animals.

    Chitwan is the home land of Tharu people, who are renowned for their art and drawing. Their houses are decorated by religious drawings denoting different phases of history, culture and environment along that time.

    The people inhabiting the Chitwan District are predominantly peasant farmers. The popularity of growing mustard in Chitwan is attributed to the predominant soil type silt, resulting from the flooding of the Narayani River and tributaries. Chitwan is also profusely spotted with clay lands, which are very good for growing rice, wheat and vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower, radish, potato, broccoli, cucumbers, pumpkins, and carrot.
    Read more