Satellite
  • Day 5

    Sightseeing in Koh Samui

    March 4, 2020 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    No 7 on the sightseeing program was Na Muang Waterfalls, a majestic set of 2 cascades on Koh Samui, we did not feel that they were very majestic. More water pours down the hills on the Central Coast Freeway into Gosford. The falls flow down into a natural pool where a number of people were swimming. Again did not look that pleasant. Na Muang 2. Namtok Na Muang, or ‘Purple Waterfalls’, are so named because of the striking purple shade of their rock faces this one does sound more appealing but we did not visit. You could also go on a elephant jungle trek we chose not to as elephant rides are also something we have done before.

    No 8 Nathon Town. Nathon is located on the island's west coast and is the seat of district officials. Once the town was the leading urban and economic center of Ko Samui due to its fishing and coconut industry. We stoppped here for lunch and only had a short time to wander around the shops.

    Nathon Town was the last stop of of the tour, however, we did drive around Chewang Beach dropping people off at their respective Hotels. We stayed in Chewang Beach when we visited last time but on the Hotel drop off there is so much more to see here. So I think on our next visit we may stay here again.
    Read more