Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    South Bank and River Cat

    May 3, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    This morning we were up and out by 9.45am all ready for the walk to South Bank.

    Walking through the city today is like a ghost town it is a pubic holiday in Brisbane but I would have thought more people would be enjoying the nice weather.

    Walking to South Bank would normally be very pleasant however this morning I was not feeling the best and my knee is very much swollen so not an enjoyable walk. It is an easy walk but I was really struggling.

    The gardens in South Bank are lovely and the kids play areas seem to be well designed.

    We finally found somewhere for a coffee but no cake as my tummy was still yuk.

    After coffee we continued our walk. Now feeling a little better so we jumped on the free Hop on Hop Off River Cat which takes you up and down the river.

    The River Cat ride was wonderful sitting back taking in the sun and looking at all the development along the river front. There are a few lovely houses but mainly high rise apartments.

    Our trip took us down or is it up river from the City Hopper Terminal in Southbank under the Story Bridge to Sydney Street and then back to Riverside. Riverside has some really nice looking restaurants I think we will come back here later in the week for a meal.

    We continued walking to Eagle Street Pier where we then decided it was time to head back to the Hotel which is only a few blocks away.

    As I have said a few times this location is excellent for a Brisbane Sightseeing Tour and there will be more sights to see tomorrow.
    Read more