Satellite
  • Day 12

    More La Jolla Life

    August 10, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Our quiet life continues. Saturday was a big event for Michael and Lisi..the annual Jewel Ball. It is a big fundraiser held at the Beach and Tennis Club, a year of hard work by volunteers and a very glamorous event. The Theme was 007 this year. Lisi took Amr and me down to see the venue on Saturday afternoon…fantastic setup, and you could see the effects even without the night and lighting.

    We saw Cami for the first time on Saturday too! So grown up since 2 years ago…she is out and about catching up with friends for the last week before school starts. Lovely to see her and get to know the grown up Cami. I think right at this minute she is at Papa Peter’s apartment using the wifi there for some school work as she is having problems here (though it seems to be working fine for our purposes).

    Sunday our usual day of walking and Amr swimming. Moo barbecued hamburgers for Sunday night dinner…then Monday departure day for them to leave for Canada. Afternoon flight and all smooth till they got into a terrible traffic jam driving from Vancouver to Whistler…a motorcycle accident closed the road for several hours…but from the texts and photos today, all is good there now, and they are now happily ensconced for a few days. Returning Saturday after one night in Vancouver.

    Dinner with Anita and Brian last night. We are now the minders of Nico and he follows me round like a shadow as the current carer! He is very cute. Today Amr and I went to a terrible movie at the Lot in La Jolla. Sci-fi tosh, and can’t believe I sat through it!! Called Suicide Squad. Don’t see it! It was very comfy sitting in the reclining chairs while we watched though!

    Good luck to Liv for her HSC trials!! We send vibes and have to remember the time change…English today.
    Read more