Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 97

    Unpacked in Liverpool!

    November 3, 2021 in England ⋅ ⛅ 8 °C

    It’s now Wednesday here, and we are not living out of a suitcase for the first time in 2 months! We are having a relaxing time with Omnia, unwinding and making plans for London next week. It was rainy and windy when we arrived on Sunday night, and fairly rainy on Monday, but yesterday and today are really pleasant - cold and fine.

    Amr and I go walking along the walking/cycle/jogging path nearby, that we always walk on when here. It is a lovely long flat path - obviously another ex railway track! We seem to specialise in walking along these…and like our ones along the camino this one is also a tree tunnel and very lovely to walk along. Today we discovered a turnoff that leads to a Costa coffee, and an Aldi! Had a good coffee there.

    Yesterday we went into Liverpool centre to have our compulsory 2 day post entering the UK covid tests. Surprise surprise we were all negative! So no more bureaucracy there…and there are no mask mandates here at all which is a relief and very welcome.

    Amr has been busy booking concerts in London and Liverpool, and also restaurants, and lots of good things planned! It is rather relaxing to be the land of English speakers, but the variety of accents you hear is amazing, and sometimes like a foreign language!

    We have just returned from a long walk along the waterfront…that is the Mersey. Here it is a huge waterway, which of course accommodates huge ships and a busy port. Much larger than any of the rivers we have seen recently. It was beautiful when we started, then clouds built up, but we are home now so doesn’t matter if it rains. The trees are beautiful in every stage of autumn - some totally bare, some still with all their green leaves and some in between, looking gorgeous with their branches half bare and the other half coloured and still hanging on.

    We have eaten at home the last 2 nights, but tonight we are going to a Turkish restaurant which will be lovely. We are ready for a variety of tastes after a long spell of French food!
    Read more