Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 111

    Lovely day with Gill and Bob

    November 17, 2021 in England ⋅ ⛅ 4 °C

    Today we had a leisurely breakfast - delicious full breakfast, eggs, toast …not great coffee!..we had that later…met Gill and Bob and they took us to castle Ashby nearby, though they hadn’t been there before, where we walked round the gardens…the castle itself not open now…the gardens were lovely, and the old church and churchyard, very peaceful and not many people.

    Came back and Gill whipped up some bruschetta for lunch and we went off again and they took us round the countryside to the farm where Gill lived as a child - this is the area where both she and Gill had lived as children, so many memories. Very pretty farm areas, with the river Ouse winding through. We passed through many delightful villages, very “English” with pretty cottages with thatched roofs, old churches, village squares…one of these was Newport Pagnell which is the home of the Aston Martin! Amr and Bob were very excited with the rather beautiful cars on show!

    Then we went back and had a cup of tea, watched Jeremy Clarkson on his TV show trying his hand at farming that we hadn’t seen, before going back to the hotel for R and R. Then Bob came down at 6.45 and we got fish and chips which we had at their place and a plum pie! What more could you want.
    Read more