Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    We are in Rome!

    September 23, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    After the usual 24 hour travelling we are now in Rome, and SO happy. The flights weren’t actually too bad, specially the second long 11 hour one as we had all 3 seats beside the window and could spread out. Arrived about 8am to a beautiful cloudless autumn day, even pleasantly cool. Painless passport procedure - just put through machine, bag out quickly and on to the train.

    Our hotel is in via Cavour, close to Termini the central train station, and we got there about 10. Friendly place on the 4th floor of a building, and we left our bags as too early for the room, and set off wandering. It was just lovely as we wandered the familiar streets. And not as desperately crowded as I have sometimes remembered. Found our way to the Pantheon and had a coffee in our favourite caffe nearby - perfect of course and invigorating, and we also indulged with cannoli. Wended back to the hotel via the Trevi fountain, piazza Barberini and Quattro Fontane as we were ready to shed some of the clothes we have worn for more than a day…

    Now in the room and it is exactly what we love. Spotless and perfect, and we will try and book for the 2 nights when we return to Rome before flying to Cairo. Am delighted to see that quite a few people have already found this blog without me sending a link!!

    We will set off again soon, but suspect that when we return after an early-ish dinner will be too spaced to write any more. Just wanted to check in now that we have arrived in Italy!! Yay!
    Read more