Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Addendum to Saturday

    September 24, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Back from our post siesta outing, and will add it now so that we can be up to date, and not always starting with yesterday’s events! I have to say that I didn’t feel like going out , would rather have curled up and rested, but we knew the predictions for tomorrow and Monday are 100% rain and thunderstorms, so that gave some impetus for enjoying the pleasant weather while it lasted….

    So we set off, and in the spirit of the coming bad weather decided to walk to the Piazza del Popolo via Trinità dei Monti and the Spanish Steps. Fun as the passegiata time was starting, and lots of people walking and socialising. Went to the church in the piazza which has 2 Caravaggio paintings, but Saturday evening mass was on, so we will return another day. Sat in a bar to watch the passing parade - and with my Campari and Amr’s aperol came very generous nibbles, so we indulged and enjoyed and almost didn’t need any dinner. We finally set off back along the Corso joining the continuing passegiata to Victor Emmanuel and along past the Trajan forum to via Cavour where we did stop for a light dinner - salads, and now back and ready to crash…hope weather warnings are exaggerated!
    Read more