Satellitt
Vis på kartet
  • Dag 60

    Leisurely walk to Arzúa

    26. mai 2023, Spania ⋅ ☁️ 24 °C

    Another lovely day, though rain is threatening in the next couple of days…there were predictions of rain here this afternoon but it hasn’t happened so far! And it has been comfortably cool….the walkers left at 8.30, and this is a beautiful walk through picture postcard countryside, undulating but not too strenuous, and only 14.87 kms. Arrival in Arzúa was about 2.15, and tonight, and tomorrow also, we are staying at different hotels from R and R…this part of the camino gets very busy and booked up, and I guess they couldn’t place us together. We are in a lovely little boutique pension…very sweet and comfortable…had slight difficulty finding it as they have a restaurant with almost exactly the same name, and our Camino book shows the restaurant (to be fair, our instructions from the camino people were correct, but we just saw it in the book) …but that all got sorted…the restaurant looks fabulous, but sadly they are all booked with a group this evening. That is where we go for breakfast in the morning, so it should be good.

    Arzúa is famous for its cheese, and we regrouped for a drink and a cheese plate before we dispersed for downtime…will meet at 6.45 before the mass in the church, and have dinner after…we have found a nice place that the hotel lady recommended…and I think they have chiperones!……Later….they did have chiperones, which I had plus a normal salad (as opposed to the enormous ones that have tuna, asparagus, corn…) Amr had lentil soup and an enormous salad, Rich had a pizza and Rachel had lasagna….all happy!
    Les mer