Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Day 3 Simi Hills, Reagan Museum

    January 19, 2020 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 12 °C

    Today we left Santa Monica and drove to Simi Hills for the Meeting. We were warmly welcomed by Jeff and Kellie Gelineau. Darren gave the exhort. We also met Jason and Ruth Hensley, Bonnie Somerville and Felicity Styles. MJ Styles actually flew from Michigan to meet up with us (mainly Rose) and is also staying with us at Anaheim and coming to Disneyland. Simi Hills had lunch at the hall due to an afternoon business meeting and Jeff Gelineau kindly bought us all Chinese which we had at their lovely hall.

    Jeremy is driving a 12 seater van with us all in it and he is doing remarkably well with driving on the right hand side of the road.

    Not far from the hall is the Ronald Reagan Museum so this was our next stop. It was quite fascinating. Americans have such a respect for their Presidents (mostly) which is very refreshing for Aussies. Ronnie had a very interesting life being an actor in his early life. He also was responsible for improving relations with Russia and bringing the Cold War to an end, uttering the famous words “Mr Gorbachev tear down this wall”. He also survived an assasination attempt. Nancy was a smart and beautiful woman who, when she was criticised by the press for the cost of her wardrobe put together an outfit from second hand shops and performed a song about it.

    There is also an Airforce One plane there which we could walk through.

    There was also an interesting Egyptian exhibit there with artefacts brought up from the bottom of the sea from two cities at the Nile Delta which had slipped into the sea.

    We then drove to Anaheim and are staying at a hotel across the road from Disneyland which we will go to tomorrow.
    Read more