Satellite
  • Day 4

    Day 4 Disneyland

    January 20, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Today we had a big day at Disneyland at Anaheim. This is the original Disneyland. We were up early to meet Matt, Leah, Riley, Isla, Annie and Elliott at the gates at 8am.

    After going through security and the entry gates, we found it all a bit overwhelming and weren’t sure where to start so we started with breakfast at a cafe!

    We found we were too big a group to go around together so Daz and I did our own thing which was a bit nerdy compared to all those who wanted to go on the exciting rides. Rose had organised some fast passes so for some of the rides they were able to fast track the queues which were up to an hour long.

    Daz and I went on a train around the whole park to get the layout, watched a hologram of the life of Abraham Lincoln, watched a dueling pianos show twice (once with Dad and Ruth who we met up with and recommended it to), went on a boat that was a replica of the Colombia that explored the rivers of America, ate churros, fairy floss, corn dogs and other delights, checked out the Star Wars section of Tomorrowland especially for Michelle Kirkwood, even watched some highlights from all the Star Wars movies, occasionally met up with the rest of the group who were doing more exciting things such as Space Mountain and Splash Mountain.

    We thought there was going to be a Parade at 9pm but that didn’t eventuate. The day finished with a laser and firework show over the Enchanted Castle at 9.30pm and Daz and Jem had final churros then we walked back to our hotel across the road ready to crash into bed.

    Tomorrow we say goodbye to MJ who spent the day with us and drive to San Diego.
    Read more